SIMILAR BOOKS BY CATEGORY
LINK FROM YOUR SITE
Scott Story and Benita Story
28 pages (Spring 2007); 10.7MB downloadStory Studios LLC
; ISBN: STRY-00004
Witness the demonized Dr. Synn's War in Heaven in an all-out war with Spire's City's army of superheroes. Marvel at Johnny Saturn reborn as he descends into Spire City's depths and becomes the King of the Underworld. See as Persephone puts her bloodhound on the scent and the hunt begins for her lost love. Betrayal, grief and the aid of an angel working behind the scenes lends intrigue to this two time 2008 Webcomic Reader's Choice Award winner.
"Johnny Saturn," it's like mythology, with superheroes, in the Midwest. His is a world of high-flying, trendy superheroes who live like celebrities, and a shadowy, back-alley world where mystery men, those old school vigilantes who rely on their fists and indomitable wills, wage lonely wars on crime. "Johnny Saturn" is a heady blend of horror, conspiracy theory, superheroes, the paranormal and classical myths.
Here is what reviewers say about "Johnny Saturn":
• According to Ariel Carmona Jr. on Silver Bullet Comics, "...Saturn is a tour de force and well worth reading."
• Brant Fowler in his column Indy-Pendant on Comic Avalanche writes that "Story's writing is classic and timeless, and fun yet smart. His art is beautiful, dynamic and energetic."
• Kurt Anthony Krug in "The Comic Buyers Guide" gives "Johnny Saturn" 3 ½ stars out of 4, and states "You'd swear this title were published by one of the larger companies instead of by Scott Story and his wife, Benita."
• John Wilson in his column Graphic Content on Comic Related says that "In an era of over processed, over rendered and generally overblown art, it is refreshing to see line work and style that harkens back to the best days of the Silver Age"
• Joshua Pantalleresco of Indy Spotlight wrote "As for the art, Story is amazing. His pencils are crisp and are some of the best I've seen."
• Bob Freeman on Byte Marks gives Johnny Saturn 4 out of 5 stars, saying "Johnny Saturn, in summation, rocks."