SIMILAR BOOKS BY CATEGORY
LINK FROM YOUR SITE
370 pages (November 2008); 15.3MB download
ACTA Publications; ISBN: 978-0-87946-341-0
"The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2008" is indispensable for serious baseball fans. It is the best place to find innovative stats combined with accurate and piercing analysis. It compiles some of the best analytical and historical writing on baseball with unique and innovative statistics into a timeless annual guide. This comprehensive book covers the entire 2007 season from the first pitch to the last out, and it is also the first book of its kind to include a review of the postseason and World Series.
"The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2008" contains a wealth of graphs, unique batted ball stats, and Win Share breakdowns for each player in the major leagues. It includes:
• Detailed reviews of how 2007 played out in each of baseball’s six divisions
• Cutting-edge statistics such as Win Shares and Win Probability Added
• Comprehensive team stats and graphs
• Team-by-team individual hitting and fielding numbers
• Articles on Barry Bonds and the homerun milestone, racial integration in baseball, and an in-depth look at GM Dave Dombrowski of the 2006 AL Champion Detroit Tigers
Some of the guest authors include ESPN's Rob Neyer, Jon Weisman, and Deadspin's Will Leitch. The writers at The Hardball Times (THT) create provocative, insightful and entertaining baseball analyses, as well as produce their own unique statistics, graphs and essays. They maintain a website, www.hardballtimes.com, which is updated daily throughout the year on all things baseball.
Nobody combines cutting-edge statistics with insightful, provocative and accessible writing like the folks at The Hardball Times.
— Jacob Luft, Sports Illustrated Baseball Writer
Some of the most informed baseball analysis can be found on renegade websites like The Hardball Times.
— Alan Schwarz, author of The Numbers Game