SIMILAR BOOKS BY CATEGORY
LINK FROM YOUR SITE
350 pages (November 2006); 12.7MB download
ACTA Publications; ISBN: 0879463120
Nobody combines cutting-edge statistics with insightful, provocative and accessible writing like the folks at The Hardball Times.
- Jacob Luft, Sports Illustrated Baseball Writer
Some of the most informed baseball analysis can be found on renegade websites like The Hardball Times.
- Alan Schwarz, author of The Numbers Game
The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2007 is indispensable for serious baseball fans. It is the best place to find innovative stats combined with accurate and piercing analysis. This comprehensive book covers the entire 2006 season from the first pitch to the last out, and it is also the first book of its kind to include a review of the postseason and World Series.
The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2007 contains a wealth of graphs, unique batted ball stats, and Win Share breakdowns for each player in the major leagues.
It also includes:
- Detailed reviews of how 2006 played out in each of baseball's six divisions
- Cutting-edge statistics such as Win Shares and Win Probability Added
- An in-depth look at the minor leagues from FirstInning.com
- Comprehensive team stats and graphs
- Team-by-team individual hitting and fielding numbers
- Articles on the World Baseball Classic, baseball history, and much more!
Some of the guest authors include ESPN's Rob Neyer, Jon Weisman, and Deadspin's Will Leitch. The writers at The Hardball Times (THT) create provocative, insightful and entertaining baseball analyses, as well as produce their own unique statistics, graphs and essays. They maintain a website, www.hardballtimes.com, which is updated daily throughout the year on all things baseball.